Last modified on September 23, 2020
1. Introduction. Your Autism Game Plan, Inc. (the “Company”) takes your privacy seriously, and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information the Company may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit YourAutismGamePlan.com (this “Site”) and the Company’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information the Company collects through this Site and in email, chat sessions, text messages, and any other electronic messages between you and this Site.
This policy does not apply to information collected by the Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party. Nor does this policy apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content–including, but not limited to, advertising–that may link to or be accessible from or on this Site.
2. Children Under the Age of 16. This Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No person under age 16 may provide any information to or on this Site. The Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Site, whether on or through any of its features. or otherwise. If the Company learns that it has collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, the Compnay will delete that information. If you believe the Company may have received any information from or about a child under 16, please contact the Company at Joya@YourAutismGamePlan.com. California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
3. Information The Company Collects. The Company collects two types of information from and about users of this Site: (1) personally identifiable information (“PII”); and (2) general Information (“GI”). Both terms are defined below.
(a) PII includes any element of information by which you may be personally identified, including name, gender, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted (whether online or offline). The information the Company collects on or through this Site includes the PII that you provide when completing a form on this Site, including contact or purchase forms. You also may include elements of PII in information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Please note that your User Contributions may be posted on this Site and transmitted to others, so you be careful not to include in those User Contributions any PII or other information that you do not want to be viewed by members of the general public. The Company cannot and does not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
(b) GI is information about you but does not identify you, including, but not limited to, your IP address and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access this Site, and usage details. As you navigate through and interact with this Site, the Company may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your browsing actions, patterns, and equipment, including, but not limited to: (i) details of your visits to this Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on this Site; and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The technologies the Company uses for this automatic data collection may include:
(ii) Flash cookies, which are local stored objects that this Site may use to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
4. How the Company Uses the Information it Collects. The information the company collects helps the Company to improve this Site and its services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service. The Company uses PII for the following purposes: (i) to present to you this Site and its contents; (ii) to provide you with information you request; (iii) to notify you about changes to this Site or any products the Company offers or provides though it; (iv) to allow you to participate in interactive features on this Site; and (v) for any other purpose with your consent.
The Company uses GI to improve this Site and its service in the following ways: (i) to estimate audience size and usage patterns; (ii) to store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize this Site according to your individual interests; and (iii) to recognize you when you return to this Site.
5. How the Company Shares Information. The Company does not sell, distribute, or reveal your PII to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent except as described in this section. The Company shares PII and GI as follows:
(a) Contractors and Employees. The Company shares your PII with those contractors and employees that must have access to it in order to perform their functions.
(b) Third-Party Service Providers. The Company also shares PII and GI with unaffiliated third parties that perform services or functions on the Company’s behalf, including cloud storage and web hosting providers, email service providers, marketing service providers, and software maintenance service providers. We must necessarily share your information with such third parties as may be required to perform their functions, but only to the extent necessary for them to do so. As of the effective date of this policy, we share PII and/or GI with the following service providers:
(i) MailChimp provides email automation services, stores your name and email address for delivering newsletters and email updates, and may assign tags based on your interests and preferences.
(ii) Google Analytics tracks site usage, including referring websites and actions on this Site. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but it does not capture PII.
(c) Legal Requests. The Company may disclose any information collected from you, if such information is requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators. The Company also may disclose your information to exercise or protect its legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
(d) Transfer of Business Assets. From time to time, the Company may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information typically is one of the business assets transferred. Moreover, if all or substantially all of the Company’s business assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that the Company goes out of business or enters into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PII), would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any assets may continue to be used as set forth in this policy.
6. How the Company Protects Information. The Company uses appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect PII against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. This Site also uses a generally accepted standard of technological security for the purpose of protecting all information provided by visitors from misuse, loss, or corruption. The Company also limits access to PII to those employees and contractors who reasonably need access to it to deliver the Company’s service.
However, because no security system can be 100% effective, the Company cannot completely guarantee the security of any information it may have collected from or about you. Furthermore, the Company has no control over the security of other web sites on the Internet that you might visit–even when a link may appear to those web sites site from this Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session. If there is a breach of security, then the Company may either post a notice through the service or attempt to notify you via email so that you can take reasonable protective steps.
7. Your Choices About How the Company Uses and Discloses Your Information.
(b) Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by email to Joya@YourAutismGamePlan.com. If the Company has sent you a promotional email, you may send a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience, or other transactions.
8. Tracking Technology and Do-Not-Track Requests. The Company uses third-party services (e.g. Google Analytics) that employ technology enabling them to track your online activities over time and across third-party websites. The Company currently offers no response to do-not-track requests transmitted by web browsers.
9. State-Specific Information.
(a) California. The California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”) grants residents of California (“California Users”) certain rights regarding PII collected or obtained by companies covered by the CCPA. As of the effective date of this Policy, the Company does not fall within the statutory definition of businesses covered by the CCPA, and we are not required to comply with the disclosure and deletion requirements under the law.
Nevertheless, under the CCPA, California Users may request information regarding the types of personal information we share with third parties for direct marketing purposes, and the identities of the third parties with whom we have shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. California Users may contact the Company through the contact form on this Site to request further information about the Company’s compliance with this law. Please note that the Company is only required to respond to one request per customer each year concerning this law, and the Company is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the contact form on this Site.
(b) Other States. Certain states have specific requirements regarding the disclosure and protection of certain customer and personal information. For more information please follow these links: